Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long as they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fact that she really likes running water, women’s rights, and ice cream.
Aside from the ghosts, she also lives with husband and their dogs. She likes cinnamon lattes, tattoos, and books.
Lately I’ve been getting more requests to fill out questionnaires for student’s school projects. I’m so touched that you’d consider me for your project but I’m no longer able to answer all of these requests personally now that there are so many more of them. Sorry about that! That said, I’ve compiled a little bit of info in addition to my bio…I hope it helps!
- I was born in Montreal during an ice storm, the day after Christmas.
- I am looking at 40 in the rearview mirror.
- I started writing when I was around 9 years old. We were on a family vacation and I was very bored. Also, I was annoying everyone with my boredom. A friend of the family suggested I write a short story…and then I just couldn’t stop. I was in love– I wrote poetry, short stories and my first (very bad) high fantasy (very very bad) novel by hand when I was fifteen years old.
- I have worked as a volunteer for an archaeologist cleaning and cataloguing bits of pottery and bones in a dark basement in Toronto. I’ve worked for The Body Shop, as a jewelery designer, and I owned a bead shop, but writing has always been my first love.
- I love stories. I always have. I read history, biographies, historical fiction, romance, fantasy and, of course, YA.